I was tagged recently by Claire over at a boy with asperger's to answer her 11 questions!
I'm not normally keen on doing these ... They border on chain mails as far as I'm concerned!
But this time I thought I'd take part instead of being such a grumpy chops!
Here are the questions Claire has asked me to answer!
1. How old was you when you gave birth to your first child & was this planned?
I was 29 - on my 29th birthday, we'd discussed starting a family - we'd been married for 11 months and I had always said I'd wanted to be married a year first. I made a wish to be pregnant before my 30th ... I must have conceived less than 10 days after making that wish!
2. How did you feel both physically and mentally following the birth of your child, for example, how long before you felt yourself again, fitted in your old clothes, returned to work etc.? Following my first birth, I couldn't think about what I'd been through without crying for a very long time - it was a difficult birth, my second one was a completely different experience and I felt on a high from what I'd experienced and would happily go through it again! As for feeling like myself and fitting into my clothes again ... I'm still waiting for that to happen!
3. Did you experience the “Baby Blues” or suffer postnatal depression? If yes, are you over this, slowly getting better, or maybe things are still quite hard?
I don't think I have PND but certainly something more than baby blues - hormones maybe?
4. What are your family values?
I guess these are mostly based on good Christian values! It's important to treat others how you would like to be treated, be kind, trustworthy and truthful and if you are in a position to help others, you should!
5. Are you a SAHM or a Working mother?
I'm currently a SAHM but working on a few projects which might give me an opportunity to make a few pennies! - now we are a family of four - that food bill is creeping up each month!
6. So, why did you start your blog?
Before I had my first baby I was an online marketing manager, the part of my job that I missed most was blogging- In my last role, I wrote on four professional blogs - this is my first personal blog.
7. Do you feel less isolated when blogging and interacting with other bloggers through social networking sites and if applicable, blogging events?
When I wrote on professional blogs, the audience and network was at a different level to my personal blog, but I've definitely made a great network with other parent bloggers and some I feel are true friends or people I've made an effort to meet up with.
8. Are you going to Britmums Live and if yes… what are your reasons for wanting to attend? “waving hand in the air… I’ll be there”
No, I'm not ... I might go next year... These events keep falling on dates I can't make - this is the third year I haven't been able to make one of these events - if it happens next year, I might just put on my own bloomin event!!!
9. As a blogger do you ever help the promotion of certain charitable organisations or engage in campaigns for a good course? If yes, what charities and why?
I have for a few local things such as the NCT and the local milk bank
And i did the pampers click for malaria campaign and a few small bits and pieces. I feel charity choice is such a personal thing but there are a few I'm particularly fond of so maybe I will do a few more!
8. What’s the most amazing experience you and if applicable, your children, have experienced as the result of your blog?
I think that has to be Blake winning a£100 amazon voucher for his first colouring competition which was blog hosted! :)
But we've had some really great and amazing opportunities to review products and host competitions - I find these great fun and hope to do more!
9. Do you have a goal you want to achieve as a result of you’re blogging talent? Maybe it’s to write an E- Book, start an online business, start vlogging, or like me begin self hosting (I think I’ll be taking this leap in the early summer)?
I'd like to write a novel and start an online business but not because of my blog, these are just goals I've had for quite some time! I have a novel I started in the past but now I think where I want the story to go has changed. In 2005 I had a small online shop (just a hobby) but I had to stop as I couldn't commit to it and my career at the time.
10. Name one blogger who regularly inspires you
Maggie from red ted art - I like to try crafty things with my toddler :)
11. What piece of advice would you offer to a new blogger or anyone considering starting a blog?
If your doing a personal blog, write as if you are the only audience member do it for your own sense of achievement.
If your blogging professionally - commit to at least 2 posts a week and use your key words!
So now I'm supposed to tag 11 bloggers and get them to answer my 11 questions ...
1. How long have you blogged for?
2. If I held a blogging event, would you come?
3. Do you pinterest ?
4. What's missing from your kitchen?
5. What theme are you doing for your child's party this year?
6. Have you given anything up for lent?
7. Have you thought of an invention?
8. If you were to have an actual hour to yourself - what would you do (no housework allowed!)
9. What was the last book you read?
10. If your 2 year old was imagining monsters - what would you do?
11. Do you believe in aliens, ghosts or vampires!?
and the bloggers I'm tagging are...
Posh Totty http://www.poshtottyspalace.co.uk/
Curly Mum http://curlymum.wordpress.com/
Lou - who hasn't blogged in a while :) http://www.babygaga-pregnancy.blogspot.com/
OK - 11 Questions, 11 Bloggers - go and ask some more (if you want to) and comment below when you've answered mine so I can have a good ol' nosey!