I went for a lunch time meal and took my husband along for company and menu sharing :)
We've been to Pizza Express before - it tends to be one of the places we go to when there's a big group of us for birthdays - it also used to be one of my regular Friday working lunch haunts, before I became a play at home mum. I have my usual favourite - to be honest, I enjoy my usuals so much that I often bearly glance at the menu because I know what I'm having before I even set foot through the door, but for the sake of my review, for this meal, a dough balls starter and pizza margarita were banned - I was determind to explore the menu and try new things!
The second we walked through the door, we were welcomed by a friendly smile and shown to our table, something new for me - I always eat in the window, this time I was further into the restaurant and seated in a lovely little round booth - my new favourite table - it felt very intimate and special while at the same time, allowing me to people watch! The staff were all friendly and professional, with our waitress having sound knowledge of both the Bromley Pizza Express and a neighbouring branch.
In addition to the main dining rooms, the Bromley branch has a lovely outdoor dining terrace as well as a elegant spiral staircase leading up to a further dining room.
For starters we chose:
* Olives Nocellara del Belice - these are beautifully vibrant green olives with a buttery taste, I'd recommend these over other olives.
* Leggera Panzanella - classic Tuscan inspired, santos and vine tomatoes, cucumber, red onion, surfine capers and croutons marinated with extra virgin olive oil, garlic, basil and balsamic vinegar.
* Risotto Fresco - oak roasted peppered salmon fillet, garlic and parsley in a creamy white wine risotto finished with rocket and lemon.
Something special to drink
* Hugo Pizza Express - Prosecco with Elderflower, fresh mint and lemon over ice - a magnificent summer drink.
For the main course, we both chose from Romana Pizza selection- boasting bigger thinner crispier bases.
* Toscana - crumbled chilli and fennel sausage, tomato and mozzarella, gran Moravia cheese, fresh basil and extra Virgin Olive oil.
* Pomodoro Pesto - marinated santos tomatoes, fresh basil, baby mozzarella, tomato and garlic oil.
And for dessert? Well ... It'd be rude not to!
* Chocolate glory - a must have for any chocoholic!
* Raspberry sorbet with chocolate stick (dairy free) - I was very excited by this because most sorbets contain raw egg, which I avoid, so finding dairy free sorbet was fantastic - and this is my new favourite dessert - it's perfect!
Pizza Express boasts a great menu, and takes great consideration for those with dietary requirements - a generous veggie menu without a single stuffed mushroom in sight and there is a plethora of gluten free choices all coeliac uk accredited, not to mention a thoughtful children's menu.
We enjoyed our meal, all food was well presented and simply delicious and the atmosphere, decor and staff are a credit to a wonderful branch of a Pizza Express.
Emma in Bromley xx
* I received a meal from Pizza Express for the sole purpose of being able to carry out the review. All words, thoughts and photographs are my own.